So I debated just blowing off this blogpost, and starting fresh with my 2014 goals…but facing what I haven’t accomplished, is as important as what I DID accomplish! So here is a rundown of the goals I set for myself on 1.1.13, and how I tackled them. Business definitely took a priority this year, but personal goals will get a nudge in 2014 😉
tPoz Photo goals ::
Book and shoot 25 weddings in 2013– I shot 25 + 2nd shot a bunch! Book and shoot a same-sex wedding (Thanks to Maryland’s Question 6!)– Hooray! I shot Liz+Roza’s wedding in September! Design and launch new website– Check!! Completed in February! Either redesign blog or switch to new blogging platform– Check! Completed in February! Deliver wedding images in less time– For the most part, yes!! Still working on increasing speed of delivery!
- Submit weddings for publication – 1x month – nope, slacked on this. But I did submit a few weddings this year, including Michelle+Robert’s Chesapeake Bay Beach Club Wedding, which made it into the Baltimore Bride Magazine!
Book more surprise proposals – goal of 3x year– Check! I shot 6 Surprise Engagement Proposals, including my own sisters!!
- Rework packaging – I practically eliminated packaging this year, moving to digital downloads.
- Blog at least 2x week – nope. slacked.
- Include more personal blog posts – 1x month – nope.
Say NO to discounts and not feel bad about it.– For the most part, yes!!! still working on this, but will check it off anyways! Design and order 2 new sample albums– Yes! I love my new albums & plan to order a couple more in 2014!
- Create a production schedule and hang on wall – nope, never happened.
- Networking – 1x month with wedding vendors – ehhh, kinda?! I have a lunch group that we meet up frequently, but need to get to more networking events…
- Blog weddings that I 2nd shot in 2011 and 2012! – nope. and now I need to add 2013 weddings that I second shot into the mix….
Personal goals – they kind of got the shaft this year….oops!!
- clear the clutter of my workspace! – as I look around my cluttered workspace, I have to laugh & give this a big fat NOPE.
clean out the basement– we did! but we really need a bigger house with storage – there just isn’t anywhere for all of our stuff to go!
- repaint the living room and bathrooms – nope – on the radar.
- buy/make a shoe/coat organizer – nope 🙁 something I desperately need too!!
- participate in the Photo-A-Day 365 project – with the goal of actually completing 200 days of it 😉 – didn’t even get 1 day of this…
book a photo session for Poz and I (the best I have recently is a self-iPhone pic! ugh!)YES!!! I booked us an anniversary photo shoot while we were in St. Maarten in May!
- print and frame favorite images – nope 🙁
cook more often– yes? I think Pinterest has helped, but I’m still no Martha… eat at 10 new restaurants– if there is one thing I do well – it’s EAT! But I honestly would have thought this list would be bigger – I tried Fleet Street Kitchen, Bagby Pizza, Petit Louis Bistro, Baba’s, Banditos, Birrotecca, Samos, The Food Market, liv2eat, The Sushi Place, Kumari, Waterfront Kitchen, La Palapa, Shiso give up fast food for January (omg I’m going to miss Five Guys!!!)YES!! & plan to do again this January (I think I should run to get Five Guys now!!)
- travel to see family in Florida and possibly Germany – nope, but on my radar!
- talk the hubs into spending New Years Eve 2013 in our favorite place – St. Maarten! – welp, we’re here in Baltimore today, but I do think I’ve convinced him to spend Valentine’s Day there instead!
develop a game plan to move into a home with more space and parking.YES! The plan is to move in about a year. We are still undecided on location, but we will figure it out 😉
- volunteer 1-2x’s a month – sadly, nope. Unless you consider fostering pups volunteering? We took in 4 foster dogs this year & found them great homes 🙂
SO I have lots to cheer about, and lots to focus on! Bring it 2014!! And because a post isn’t fun w/o pics – here are a few from our anniversary sesh in SXM!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!